This blog is about my life as very proud mommy of two very unique, funny and beautiful little girls, and a very sweet little baby boy! Bella Grace is 5 and Lyla Eden is 4. Jonathan Wyatt is brand new! Our guy is Jonathan, and he is the BEST dad a kid could EVER ask for. It is a very busy time in our lives but the laughter and precious moments are worth it all! So here are all the little moments that I love to tell about in a blog for all of you to read!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Is Here!!! What a FANTASTIC weekend!















So it's finally that time of year! Fall means so many great things! First it means that it's time for the Fair which we love! We go every year! It's become a tradition for us to have Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches with fried pickles (my favorite food) and frozen lemonade. This year we added a new food to the mix. We shared a giant cinnamon roll. Man it was so good! I wish I had taken photos of how awesome our food looked but I didn't because I was too busy enjoying every single bite :)














When Bella was just 2 months old, everyone told us we would be crazy to take a baby to the fair, but we did it anyways. We actually attended the Jason Aldean concert with our newborn. Jonathan snuck us into a boxed seat area and it was just us three. It is a very special memory. Bella wore her first pair of cowgirl boots that night. She had on a denim overall dress and pink baby cowgirl boots. She looked precious! I remember holding her while she slept and listening to Jason Aldean sing "We laughed until we cried". I felt so blessed and so happy at that moment. She has also ridden the pony every year since she was one. Her favorite has always been Chippewa and she remembers him every year. Here is a picture of Bella riding him this year! Doesn't she look beautiful and natural on a horse?! We think so and we know it is her absolute favorite place to be! Nothing makes a momma happier than seeing her children doing what they love! I don't care how long it takes or how much work I have to do, but that little girl will have her very own horse someday! It will be worth it all!














Lyla really looks up to her big sister and is taking an interest to everything that Bella loves. She was so excited when Bella got a new pair of boots because she somehow knew that Bella's old pair would now be hers. She was thrilled to wear her cowgirl boots to the fair and ride the ponies with her sister. They had such a great time and it just made our night to see them so happy!















Our girls love all animals. They had so much fun at the petting zoo! Lyla wanted so badly to kiss the goats. When I told her not to because they are dirty, she looked at me like I was crazy and said "no momma, he's nice"!















Saturday was a big day for us football folks. OU was playing the Longhorns. This is the biggest game of the season for my J. So we decided to take the girls to the pumpkin patch in the morning and then come home and watch the game while they slept. It turned out to be a great family day! We live near one of the most awesome pumpkin patches ever. It is located on the actual farm where everything is grown and they have lots of different animals to see and feed. This family also happens to make the best fudge EVER! They make it there, fresh daily during the month of October. They also sell apple butter and all different kids of nuts and jams all made right there on their farm. So this has been another tradition. We started going the year Bella was born when she was just a baby and we have been every year since. If you know me, you know I am a Halloween fanatic and I buy lots of pumpkins and gourds and go all out on the decorating for fall. So going to the pumpkin patch typically means that all decorations are up and all we need are the pretty and unique pumpkins to set around the house and porch! Oh I get so excited!















It seems like just yesterday that we had an adorable little baby girl, laying her in the pumpkins to take a picture of her first trip to the pumpkin patch! Now here is that same little girl only she isn't a baby anymore, she is a grown little lady who wants to pick out her own pumpkin so she can carve it all by herself. We will have to see about the carving, but she sure picked a good one!





















Lyla was so excited to be there! She just broke out dancing and singing while standing in a pile of pumpkins! It was hysterical! I got lots of pictures of her singing and dancing but this is when she was done and so proud of her dance! Isn't she just adorable?! I am hanging on to every moment of her still being my baby! She turned two and the little girl transformation is happening way too fast. It is very bitter sweet for this momma. She has been the sweetest and cuddliest little girl ever and now the independence is starting to set in. She is the apple of my eye!













They loved feeding the goats and petting them. Once again, Lyla wanted to give them a kiss and this time she succeeded because I didn't make it over to her in time to stop it. Oh well, it's good for building a strong immune system as my husband would say! I just loved watching them talk to the goats and say "Hi boy, are you hungry? Here you go, eat your food all gone! Good boy!" Followed by a "look mommy, he's eating in my hand" and many giggles and gorgeous smiles!














This year they had a haunted house set up and it was basically a dark little maze for the kids to go through. Daddy and Lyla enjoyed going through it, but when it was time for Bella and I to go, she ran to her wheel barrel of pumpkins and crawled up to take a seat and let me know that this is where she would be staying. She is not a fan of the dark. I love this sweet picture of my ornery little girl saying, I'm gonna stay right here!















Here is Bella making friends with a BIG Bull! I was a little scared to get too close to him but Bella fed him and really enjoyed petting him. She told me not to be afraid because she had fed him and he was happy now. I like to think of all the possibilities that are out there for my girls and to just imagine what they might be some day. J and I have always thought that Bella will be a large animal veterinarian. I sure hope we are right! She would be great at it. She is so gentle and loving with all animals but seems to be so drawn to the biggest of them.














Once again, they got to ride the ponies! Twice in one weekend! I can only imagine how happy their little hearts were. Lyla wanted to ride all by herself and luckily for her, these saddles had seat belts so daddy let her go all on her own. She was so proud of herself and so happy as you can see!



















Bella just looks like a natural to me! She picked her horse once again. This is the same one she has ridden the last two years and he is the biggest of them all. His name is Cowboy, and it has blown me away every year that she walks up and tells the owner that she wants to ride Cowboy! She is on top of the world!!!


They also had a corn maze this year. Lyla wanted to walk through it but was a little scared and Bella took her hand and said "Come on sissy. I'll go with you". I got some pretty sweet pictures of them holding hands and walking through the maze. It was the end to a fantastic trip to the pumpkin patch! The girls are already asking if we can go back again so I'm sure there will be more pictures to come!



Sweet Sisters!















As if we hadn't had enough fun this weekend, our niece Hadley and Bella's little friend Avery both had birthday parties on Sunday! So we went from playing at the park and eating pizza and cake to playing on a jumperoo and eating cake while petting a horse! More horses! Bella was in heaven. The birthday party was out on some land and Bella spotted the horse as soon as we parked. Even though she had a great time on the jumperoo, her eyes were set on that horse. She finally made her way through the gate and to the horse, where she stayed a while and enjoyed keeping him company!


















They were completely fearless on that slide! Lyla had to go down a different way each time! They had such a blast and so did we just watching them!



This was the most perfect family fun filled weekend EVER! We spent so much needed time together, and had so much fun every second of it! I know I say it alot, but I love my precious little family! Here's to a happy fall to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment