This blog is about my life as very proud mommy of two very unique, funny and beautiful little girls, and a very sweet little baby boy! Bella Grace is 5 and Lyla Eden is 4. Jonathan Wyatt is brand new! Our guy is Jonathan, and he is the BEST dad a kid could EVER ask for. It is a very busy time in our lives but the laughter and precious moments are worth it all! So here are all the little moments that I love to tell about in a blog for all of you to read!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread




I have been really craving yummy breads this year so I decided to gather some of my mom's recipes and do some online searching for the best ones out there. I compared and made some changes to come up with what I thought tasted the yummiest. Instead of pumpkin pie, I made this pumpkin bread. While warm with the gooey chocolate int he middle, YUMMY!

This recipe was a hit with my family and many friends this holiday season, and per everyone's request, I thought I would post it once instead of several e-mails and messages.

Here is what you will need:

3 C Sugar

3 1/2 C Flour

2 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Nutmeg

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Cloves

1 1/2 tsp Salt

4 eggs

1 C oil

2/3 C Cold Water

2 C pumpkin

1 C Chocolate Chips

It is a very simple recipe. I decided to just throw it all in together in no particular order and mix. I love baking but don't have time for involved recipes.

This recipe makes either 2 large loaf as you will see in the first photos, or 8 small (mini) loaf pans. The mini pans I used came in sets of 5 from Walmart and were very cheap. They make GREAT gifts for teachers and neighbors.

Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes in mini loaf pans. Bread is done when knife comes out clean when inserted down the center of the loaf. Check each one, because they all bake differently.

Bake @ 350 for 1 Hr when using large loaf pans. These might take a little longer. I set my timer and start checking at about 45 minutes. You don't want to overbake and burn your edges. Greast pans well before pouring your batter.

I remove my loaf from pan immediately and let cool on platter. Run your knife around the edges and give it a little shake to loosen bottom.

Enjoy!!!







Mini Loaves! Great Gifts!






No comments:

Post a Comment