Where has the time gone? It was yesterday I was rocking in my chair feeling him hiccup inside of me and singing to him! Then I blinked and here we are, his first birthday! I haven't been able to blog much this year due to being completely obsessed with this adorable, squeezable, scrumptious blue eyed boy! I told myself I wouldn't let this one pass me by while I focused on things that didn't really matter and would always be there later. I kept that promise to myself! I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed every second of this precious first year of my baby boys life! I have loved watching him grow, learn and explore!
Boys are so different! Oh my! In some ways, they are so much easier, and in others... well let's just say I wasn't prepared! This boy keeps me on my toes! He gets into everything! Or at least, he tries! The girls never touched my decor and I never had to move, cover or baby proof anything! Things have CHANGED! He is learning as we correct him and is such a good boy and a joy to be on my toes for! I just love him and all that comes with it!
He was also the most difficult with nursing! With the girls it came so natural to them and myself and it was truly so convenient and wonderful! With Wyatt, I had to work at it and really struggled not to just quit the first 2 months! Later came to find out that there wasn't anything wrong, he just ate in half the time I was used to nursing for! He was quick and full, here I was thinking that he was going to be malnourished! For all of you mommy's out there who will come across this someday, DON'T GIVE UP! They truly get what they need and you are enough! We just drive ourselves crazy and think into it too much! I know some situations are different and some babies have different needs but if your baby is gaining, just do it and don't ever time yourself! Watching a clock was the biggest mistake I ever made with nursing! I told myself I would only nurse him for 6 months, and then it was 9 and now I can successfully say I made it to 12 months!!!! I feel it was one of my greatest accomplishments! He is most likely my last baby and I am so glad we had so much time to really bond! I passed on a lot of fun things and had to be very disciplined with having to be with him every 3 hours of my day for 12 months, but there is nothing that would have been more important than our bonding time! Now I don't think I know how to quit! So if anyone has any tips for me and my super emotional state, please comment! We are down to 3 feedings and we are both ready to quit but when do you decide that you are feeding your baby for the very last time? UGH!
I rocked this boy to sleep almost every single night of his little life and as I would carry him off to bed, I would look at myself in the mirror in our entry hall, as I walked by with him in my arms. I would take in his size and how little, then how long he was. I literally have watched him grow! I thank God for that! He has greatly enriched our lives! We are so blessed to have Wyatt as our son and little brother! The girls are seriously IN LOVE with him. They have been the best big sisters ever! They help with everything and are so sweet to him. Bella reads to him, and Lyla sings to him every time he cries. No one lets the boy cry, wine or WALK. He gets carried everywhere!
Anyways, Here are some photos of his party! The girls started calling him Monster Jams when he was a little baby because he would come at them with his mouth wide open to kiss them and always made mean grunting sounds! So it stuck and it's a nickname! One of many with him! I decided months ago that we would have a monster bash for his birthday, so I started buying candy melts and cupcake pics, monster stuff back during Halloween! So after a few months of planning, here is what we turned out with! We rented a room at the Glenpool Conference Center and it was awesome! With our house on the market we just couldn't have it at our home this time. But it worked out great! We did however, have 30 minutes from the time they let us in to when guest's would arrive to put everything together!!!! It was crazy and we forgot several cute things at home, but it still turned out wonderful and I think everyone had a good time, especially Wyatt!
Happy Birthday to my little Monster Jams! I love you to the moon and back and always will!
Pinterest inspired monster cookies! I was very proud of how these turned out! They were so cute!
The prince's thrown :)
The AWESOME monster daddy painted for our Pin the eye on the Monster Game!
His 12 Month Banner and Highchair!
The big boy and his tired parents :)
Googly eyes everywhere!!!
Monster eyes (birthday cake oreos covered in candy coating), Monster toes (Nutter Butters with green toe nails), Monster Rods (Pretzel Rods dipped in candy coating), Monster Grins, and Monster kisses! Wyatt also had a Monster Rubber ducky for all of his little friends!
Enjoying a whole slice of pizza! His favorite food!
Pin the eye on the Monster!
Love how these turned out! I used the green candy melts, and they turned out super smooth and cute!
As a child, my momma made me a cake for my birthday every year! I decided that I need to try to keep the tradition going! Mine aren't 100% from scratch like hers, but they are pretty yummy! So happy with how my first character cakes turned out!
Smash cake and cupcake monsters!
Singing Happy Birthday to our little one!
Trying to figure out how to pose for their pic!
Here is the fun part! The kiddos thought this was so cool! We didn't have any left overs either :)
Little Monster Friends!
My sweet 1 year old! We got him big boy shoes for his birthday and they help him to stand longer. No steps yet!
Check this out mom, I can stand and hold a ball!
Opening presents wasn't his thing... So we let him open the rest up at home!
Enjoying some cake!
Trying to decide which Monster Friend he wanted to adopt!
He just couldn't decide so he got one of each!
Making sure he got them all!
This is how he felt about the party hat I made him on his actual birthday and I guess nothing changed 3 days later :( Oh well, it will be a cute keepsake!
That smile melts my heart!
Alright, I can do this again!
"Come here mommy, let me touch you"...
My bff Terra took these photos and this one is a treasure to me! I love it! Thanks Terra Lou!
Our Family! Everything that matter most, right here! I got the girls these monster costumes after Halloween for $5.00! Just couldn't resist! They loved getting a present on Wyatt's birthday too!
One years old and already famous! So cool! They had this announcement flashing on the marque outside of the Conference Center! I loved this!
My little blueberry!

















No comments:
Post a Comment